Hi! I’m Vanessa. A fit mama who deals with crazy busyness, feeling overwhelmed, mom guilt, and trying to get through life. I’m just like you!
I’m a mommy blogger with two littles who keep me active and keep life interesting and fun! I recently just created my very first freebie for you. It’s all about fitness and health.
I want to show you and encourage you that health and fitness can be a part of your everyday life and it doesn’t have to involve 3 or 4 hours. Because none of us have that time.
I’m Your New Friend!
I’m your new mommy friend! I’m also your “fitness coach”, best friend, listener ear, and your go to mama when no one else is around. I want to help you win the body you’ve always wanted and I want to help you kick those cravings to the curb.
I’ve done the research and know what works. I’m here to save you time. Please look around and download the 2 freebies I have to offer.
I’m here to help you!
One of the best things you can do for your body and health, is to make wiser-food choices. After all, your health begins in the kitchen. And before that, the grocery store. Sure, it's never convenient to eat healthy. That's why you have to choose healthy eating and...read more
Exercise. Some of us know all the ins and outs about it, and others have absolutely not a clue where to start. But believe it or not, there are some basic ground rules when it comes to developing a good exercise regimen. There are certain things you should and should...read more
I am a huge advocate when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and setting health goals. Exercise and eating right should be among the top priorities for your every day. Sure, you might not make it to the gym every day or get a chance to squeeze in a quick...read more
There are many ways on how to take care of yourself, and in fact, it can get overwhelming and expensive. We live in a very "me focused" society and everyone tells you to take care of yourself. All of this is great and you should totally take care of yourself, but you...read more
Swimming lessons is one of the most important life lessons you can teach your children. Not only are you teaching them how to swim, but how to respect water and also handle situations that include water. Swimming is something that should be introduced early on so your...read more
TEN FIT TIPS FOR THE BUSY MOM
1. Involve your Kids– it’s almost impossible to get anything done with the kids around. So put on some good music, get moving, and everyone will be ready for naps by the end of it! Even 10 minutes is worth it.
3. Youtube everything— Not sure how to do a move? Youtube has an answer for anything. You can even follow along if you’re still confused. Don’t let a workout intimidate you.
5. Be sure to get enough sleep– I know this is hard with little kids. But make sure you catch up during the day somehow. Your muscles need recovery time and sleep is the best remedy for that!
8. Patience is key to fitness– the weight didn’t come on overnight so it won’t come off overnight. Or if you’re not dealing with weight issues, maybe it’s balance and strength. Set realistic goals.
10. Set goals– Write it down what you want exactly. If you want to lose 1-2lbs a week, write it down. If you want to see yourself exercising 3-5 times a week, write it down. Set those goals and stick to it!
2. Take the kids to the park– make good use of the monkey bars, stairs, benches, and big field. Kids can play and mommy can get some fitness time in!
4. Drink one cup of water every hour– Start your morning off with water and continue throughout the day. Feeling tired, bloated, and lightheaded? You’re probably not getting enough water. It’s important to flush out toxins.
7. 80/20– 80% of the time you’re a fitness guru and a health nut. But the remaining 20% you indulge in some serious chocolate cake, cookies, ice cream, or whatever your inner “food junkie” soul loves. It’s all about balance.
9. You have to be committed— If you’re motivated and tell yourself you can, you most definitely will. But first you have to commit that you want it. Once you want it, you’ll have the drive to get it. Commit to 3-5 days of exercise a week.