Hi! I’m Vanessa. A fit mama who deals with crazy busyness, feeling overwhelmed, mom guilt, and trying to get through life. I’m just like you!
I’m a mommy blogger with two littles who keep me active and keep life interesting and fun! I recently just created my very first freebie for you. It’s all about fitness and health.
I want to show you and encourage you that health and fitness can be a part of your everyday life and it doesn’t have to involve 3 or 4 hours. Because none of us have that time.
I’m Your New Friend!
I’m your new mommy friend! I’m also your “fitness coach”, best friend, listener ear, and your go to mama when no one else is around. I want to help you win the body you’ve always wanted and I want to help you kick those cravings to the curb.
I’ve done the research and know what works. I’m here to save you time. Please look around and download the 2 freebies I have to offer.
I’m here to help you!
As women, we all have this image in our mind of what we want to look like. Either we want thinner legs, a thinner waist, taller, shorter, prettier hair, you name it. We are our biggest critiques and the insecurity is real. Being a woman comes with a lot of...read more
Being a mom comes with many unexpected days. Some mornings go perfectly smoothly. The kids finish breakfast in 10 minutes, no meltdowns, everyone is in happy sunshiny moods, and you're on your way with your day. But then there are the days when everything goes wrong...read more
I became a stay at home mom (apparently we have our own acronyms now SAHM) when my first child was born. I haven't returned to the work force primarily because weighing the costs of child care for our family would not be worth it. But all that to say, just because you...read more
I am 9 weeks away from my due date. In the final countdown now! This will make baby #3 in three years. Yes, we're probably just a little bit crazy, but I wouldn't trade the crazy for normal. I have kept a fitness routine with all three pregnancies--this pregnancy...read more
Minimalism. Minimalism has become my favorite approach to tackling my household. In fact, minimalism is a great way to tackle motherhood (and life in general) because less is better. You can clean faster, organize quicker, and see through your entire house. Believe...read more
TEN FIT TIPS FOR THE BUSY MOM
1. Involve your Kids– it’s almost impossible to get anything done with the kids around. So put on some good music, get moving, and everyone will be ready for naps by the end of it! Even 10 minutes is worth it.
3. Youtube everything— Not sure how to do a move? Youtube has an answer for anything. You can even follow along if you’re still confused. Don’t let a workout intimidate you.
5. Be sure to get enough sleep– I know this is hard with little kids. But make sure you catch up during the day somehow. Your muscles need recovery time and sleep is the best remedy for that!
8. Patience is key to fitness– the weight didn’t come on overnight so it won’t come off overnight. Or if you’re not dealing with weight issues, maybe it’s balance and strength. Set realistic goals.
10. Set goals– Write it down what you want exactly. If you want to lose 1-2lbs a week, write it down. If you want to see yourself exercising 3-5 times a week, write it down. Set those goals and stick to it!
2. Take the kids to the park– make good use of the monkey bars, stairs, benches, and big field. Kids can play and mommy can get some fitness time in!
4. Drink one cup of water every hour– Start your morning off with water and continue throughout the day. Feeling tired, bloated, and lightheaded? You’re probably not getting enough water. It’s important to flush out toxins.
7. 80/20– 80% of the time you’re a fitness guru and a health nut. But the remaining 20% you indulge in some serious chocolate cake, cookies, ice cream, or whatever your inner “food junkie” soul loves. It’s all about balance.
9. You have to be committed— If you’re motivated and tell yourself you can, you most definitely will. But first you have to commit that you want it. Once you want it, you’ll have the drive to get it. Commit to 3-5 days of exercise a week.